Gerenciamento Baseado em Resiliência (RBM)
Due to recent mass coral bleaching events, projections of increasing climate impacts, and widespread degradation of coral reefs around the globe, there has been a shift towards management approaches that support the resilience of coral reefs and the people and local economies that depend on them. Resilience-based management, or RBM, is a management approach that uses knowledge of current and future drivers influencing ecosystem function to prioritize, implement, and adapt management actions that sustain ecosystems and human well-being.
This section describes:
- An overview of RBM and how it differs from other forms of management
- Reasons and considerations for conducting RBM
- Specific recommendations for how to conduct RBM
- Examples of how RBM is currently being practiced
- Examples of other integrated management approaches