This Coral Reef Restoration Module compiles the latest scientific guidance and tools to help managers, researchers and practitioners ensure the maximum success of a coral reef restoration project and the most efficient use of limited resources.
Through a partnership with experts from the Coral Restoration Consortium (CRC) this expanded restoration module has been developed. New content covers the following topics prioritized by a survey of coral reef managers globally:
- An introduction to restoration and its role in coral reef management
- Key considerations to be made when planning a restoration project or program
- Enhancing coral populations through fragmentation and larval recruitment
- Adding new or enhancing already present reef substrate
- Restoring the reef environment including other coastal habitats
Click here to learn more about the CRC efforts and the restoration focused webinar series.
If you are interested in adding content, or have comments, questions, or suggestions about Reef Resilience, reach out to the Reef Resilience Team.
Banner photo © Kemit-Amon Lewis/TNC