Course runs from May 4 - June 8, 2022
Registration is now open and closes April 29, 2022
Coral reef managers and conservation practitioners are increasingly turning to restoration as a strategy to combat reef degradation and promote reef recovery. Different techniques, new science, and updated guidance resources are emerging quickly in this fast-moving field.
The Reef Resilience Network, in partnership with the Coral Restoration Consortium, will be hosting a new opens in a new windowMentored Coral Reef Restoration Online Course featuring seven newly updated online lessons and live webinars and discussion forums with global experts. This course is designed to provide coral reef managers and practitioners with best practice guidance for common coral reef restoration techniques. The course will include lessons in English and Spanish as well as live language interpretation during webinars in multiple languages.
The course features seven lessons:
- Introduction to Coral Reef Restoration & Project Planning
- Coral Propagation and Field-based Coral Nurseries
- Land-based Coral Nurseries
- Larval-based Coral Propagation
- Restoring Physical Reef Structure
- Rapid Response and Emergency Coral Reef Restoration
- Monitoring for Coral Reef Restoration