This Coral Reef Restoration Toolkit compiles the latest scientific guidance and tools to help managers, researchers and practitioners ensure the maximum success of a coral reef restoration project and the most efficient use of limited resources.
This section includes the following topics prioritized by a global survey of coral reef managers:
- An introduction to restoration and its role in coral reef management
- Key considerations to be made when planning a restoration project or program
- Enhancing coral populations through fragmentation and larval recruitment
- Adding new or enhancing already present reef substrate
- Restoring the reef environment including other coastal habitats